Northern Canada Menu
=== by Bob Sutherland ===
This is a new menu page for my collection of photographs, stories and information about teaching in Northern Canadian communities.
Split Lake, Manitoba, Canada 1999-2000
- Information about Split Lake
- Some introductory information about the First Nation community of Split Lake, Manitoba, Canada.
- Photographs of Split Lake
- My collection of fall and winter photographs of the Cree First Nation community of Split Lake, Manitoba, Canada. There are 55 photographs displayed on 14 pages.
Sandy Bay, Saskatchewan, Canada 2000-2004
- The School Superintendent's Advice
- A short story about the advice a school superintendent gives to the staff at one of his schools.
- Photographs of Sandy Bay Roads
- A pickup truck driver's view of some of the roads and trails in the Sandy Bay and Island Falls area. There are 48 photographs displayed on 8 pages.
Fond-du-Lac, Saskatchewan, Canada 2004-2005
- Photographs of Fond-du-Lac
- My collection of photographs of the Dene First Nation community of Fond-du-Lac, Saskatchewan, Canada. There are 69 photographs displayed on 13 pages.
Shoal Lake / Pakwaw Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada 2005-2007
- Photographs of Shoal Lake
- My collection of photographs of the Cree First Nation community of Shoal Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada. This community is also known as Pakwaw Lake. There are 82 photographs displayed on 15 pages.
Turnor Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada 2008-2009
- Photographs of Turnor Lake
- My collection of photographs taken during walks around the community of Turnor Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada. There are 157 photographs displayed on 27 pages.
- Teaching Traditional Skills in Turnor Lake
- A description of one community's approach to teaching their teenagers some traditional skills.
- Photographs of Teenagers Fishing
- Photographs of students spending an afternoon fishing at the narrows to feed their families in Turnor Lake.
- Photographs of Sod Turning Ceremony for a new School
- Just before I left the community of Turnor Lake a sod turning ceremony was held to begin construction of a new school. Here are a few photographs taken at the ceremony and some background history about the event.
- Northern Terminology
- This is a glossary that contains definitions and additional information regarding some Northern Canadian terminology. Included are the terms: Band Office, First Nation, Inuit, Metis, Treeline and Permafrost.
- Photography Issues
- A description of some of the problems I encountered while trying to take photographs in a cold climate region of our planet.