Northern Canada Menu
=== by Bob Sutherland ===
This is a new menu page for my collection of photographs, stories and information about teaching in Northern Canadian communities.
Split Lake, Manitoba
- Information about Split Lake
- Some introductory information about the First Nation community of Split Lake, Manitoba, Canada.
- Photographs of Split Lake
- My collection of fall and winter photographs of the First Nation community of Split Lake, Manitoba, Canada.
Sandy Bay, Saskatchewan
- The School Superintendent's Advice
- A short story about the advice a school superintendent gives to the staff at one of his schools.
- Photographs of Sandy Bay Roads
- A pickup truck driver's view of some of the roads and trails in the Sandy Bay and Island Falls area.
Turnor Lake, Saskatchewan
- Teaching Traditional Skills in Turnor Lake
- A description of one community's approach to teaching their teenagers some traditional skills.
- Photographs of Teenagers Fishing
- Photographs of students spending an afternoon fishing at the narrows to feed their families in Turnor Lake.
- Northern Terminology
- This is a glossary that contains definitions and additional information regarding some Northern Canadian terminology. Included are the terms: Band Office, First Nation, Inuit, Metis, Treeline and Permafrost.
- Photography Issues
- A description of some of the problems I encountered while trying to take photographs in a cold climate region of our planet.